in exactly 12 hours, i’ll be on a plane to Paris for our French Spring Break. i can hardly believe we’ve been talking about and planning this trip for nearly 4 months, now! and i can hardly believe the ton of merde that still needs to happen in the next 12 hours to get us there. ugh.
if you’ve been reading along, you know it has been a crazy week. i arrived home from a day trip to Houston 12 hours ago. literally, i got my Delta “time to check in!” for the next trip email as i was descending into Hartsfield. so jet set right? i spent the beginning of the week playing single mommy while Spy was in Chicago, dealing with car troubles and getting ready for my Houston trip/presentation. i am beyond exhausted! between now and our flight tonight, somehow, (in no particular order) all this needs to happen. and yeah, i’m seriously using this post as my to do list (maybe i’ll update and strike through things today as i go.). i sure as hell need something to keep me straight at this point!
- breakfast with work team
- pack/board Lily
- buy food for Lily/drop off at boarding
- buy cupcakes for Miss Girl’s school birthday celebration/drop off cupcakes
- finish packing Miss Girl (shoes/jackets/books)
- pack me (including finding all the birthday presents/cards for both my travel companions that i’ve stashed away over the past couple weeks. yikes!)
- run (miracle bonus points for this one, but i am going to be drinking wine and eating bread and cheese for the next 10 days straight. so it kinda feels ultra necessary.)
- weigh in on an RFP for work
- tidy kitchen
- clean cat box
- steam pee out of carpets so sitter for Clara and Parker doesn’t think we live in complete squalor
- leave check for pet sitter
- make sure there aren’t any other bills I need to pay
- add international data plans to the phones (would have done this earlier, but trying to stretch Spy’s for when he has to go back in a couple weeks)
- charge camera/laptop/iPad/phone for the plane ride
- print Disney tickets
- learn some French — bwahahahahaha!
um. that’s all i can think of and i know i must be forgetting something. OMG. i’m totally insane. but somehow it all will happen and we’ll get on that plane. wish me luck!
at this point, i have no game plan for what or how often i’ll be posting here while i’m gone, but hope to make time for at least a couple check-ins since i’ve been so bad the past couple weeks. (yeah, i know i missed my April First, too. blah.) at the very least, i’ll probably be snapping away on Instagram, so you can always check in there to see how the trip is going in pics!
hope everyone has a wonderful Easter/Passover weekend and i’ll see you soon, mes amis!