4 score and 7 years ago, i started this damn post. this prompt has been one hell of a hard one, y’all. as i said yesterday, i try not to get too political on here. but i also didn’t want to softball this one and do a “fun” post, because i think the issues are too important. finding a balance proved harder than finding a congressman in D.C. this month.
so, let me be clear: i would completely suck at being president. i can barely stomach office politics, much less world politics. never being alone in my own home makes me totally insane and i would definitely never be able to choose just one Thanksgiving turkey to pardon. that said, if i were president, i would slip into some Theory (elegant, but not extravagant), channel my best Claire Underwood, strut into the Oval Office and . . .
- make it legal everywhere to marry whoever you love
- make it illegal to tell women what they can and can’t do with their bodies
- make sure that when people go to work, they come home with a paycheck they can actually live off of
- make quality education affordable for everyone
- make certain that people of every race, gender, age and sexual orientation gets the same opportunities and the same treatment under the law
- make sure no one confuses corporations for people
- make sure science gets more credence than fantasy and religion as we make our laws
- make it easier for someone other than old white men to run this country
- make a list of a few more things i should probably tackle, but can’t think of right now because being the president is exhausting, y’all